10.08.2013

Century Village Is Winning the Race to the Bottom

Today's meetings of Bid Cmte and Finance Cmte demonstrated a deep lack of understanding of RFPs, proposals, contracts, pricing, technology and WiFi. Someone commented CV has a bad record when it comes to handling major projects. I think they have a point especially when these committees delay and impose their demands on experts. Watch the price rise as a result.
The Finance Cmte did not try to find savings in the budget but targeted only WiFi, eventually passing the inclusion of a $2 line for WiFi in the budget.
Olga announced that she would not let the budget pass unless the $2 was removed.

We have the option of going to more meetings to comment only, that is up to you. The way your representatives change their votes, anything could happen. Would be nice if they listened to the majority and considered investing in the future of the village.

4 comments:

  1. To those who begin by saying "I know nothing about .." Sit Down! do research and ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends think I am a tad harsh, absolutely, when I see the village about to screw up an excellent program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To ElaineB -- Wasn't it President Harry Truman who said: "I never give them hell...I just tell the truth and they think it's hell!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olga won't pass the budget???? I don't know...but last I heard, Olga is not the Delegate Assembly. She is one vote. Arrogance is running Rampant in the shadows of her mind.

    ReplyDelete