9.17.2014

JAILHOUSE ROCK AT 127

When I arrived at my son Tim's in Stoughton, MA where I have been staying for the past six weeks (street address 127 Everett Circle), I discovered the family now has three small dogs. One is a purebred Boston Terrier (what else in this suburb of Boston?); the other two are mongrels. They are well behaved and not really underfoot except once in a while when with their pent-up energy they get dashing about play fighting with each other. Following is the poem I made up about them. I could have titled it "Three Dog Day," I guess.

(You said to put stuff on your blog, Elaine.......)

JAILHOUSE ROCK AT 127

There are three little dogs who live at 127.
When they get real frisky, why, it ain’t exactly heaven.

Their names are Zoey, Dixie, and Knox,
And they always have an eye out for a pair of socks,
Or a sandal on the floor—that is really hard to beat;
For chewing on a sandal is a very special treat.

                                    It is hard to believe the hustle and bustle,
As each one tries the others to outmuscle.
A struggle will ensue as they chomp and chew,
Until you think you’re at the Cincinnati zoo.

From the kitchen to the hall, upon the sofa if they dare,
Their antics are quite frantic when the three are on a tear.
When you hear them growl and occasionally howl,
You are wise without a doubt to give a warning shout,
“Hey, the three musketeers are out and about!”

At 127 with Zoey, Dixie and Knox,
It is certainly true that the jailhouse rocks!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lanny,

    It may interest you to know that 127 is a Mersenne prime!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed interesting. I was going to ask you what a Mersenne Prime was until I realized I would probably get back another "Research, my dear Watson. Research!" So Watson researched.

    It is an interesting thing. There only 48 known Mersenne Primes so far. A Mersenne Prime is a prime number (which, to begin with, is a number indivisible by any number other than itself and 1) one less than a power of 2. Mersenne Primes are 3, 7, 31, 127, 8191, 131071, 524287, and then they start getting astronomical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lanny, good to see your posts. Nifty poem. Someday I want to see a book of Lanny's Limericks.
    PS It is not my blog, I just post the most. Other people are encouraged to use it when they cannot get into the limited 100-author Part 1 Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know it is not your blog, Elaine. I just call it that because you are the main one on it. I mean that with kudos, though, because you do a great job of keeping it up. Dave, with his mathematical background would of course pick up on 127 being a special kind of prime number! He throws something out there to tantalize you, and then when you ask for help, chides you for not researching well enough. He's a hoot, really! Nobody except the Nutmegger could solve his crossword puzzles when he posted them on the blog, I believe. Crossword puzzles in the Reporter might be nice, but if I had anything to say about it, I would allow no puzzles by 'that Israel fellow."

      Delete
    2. Hi Lanny,
      September 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM,

      There has been a serious disturbance in The Force!

      At no time did Nutmegger solve my X-word puzzles. her so called solutions were naught but a sea of errors.

      Dave Israel

      Delete
  4. I don't know how anybody can say you have no sense of humor, Dave. Your exchanges here have cracked me up. Granted, we must TEMPER your sense of humor every now and then..........

    ReplyDelete