12.18.2018

A parent thing


What do I want for Christmas?
My family each year ask me the same question. Here is my real answer:
What do I want for Christmas? I want you. I want you to rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worries, your friends, the kids, your fur babies. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Thank goodness for phones and pc's, laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don't care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.
I spent a lot of my life raising you the best way I knew how, you worked out pretty well. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work.
I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your families, I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy. When you ask me what I want for Christmas, I say "nothing" because you've already been giving me my gift all year. I want you and I want to be content, live with good government that keeps things neat, clean, orderly, tolerant, little crime. Boring is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment